[OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 or other geared head

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 or other geared head
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:26:03 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:

>I'm a fan of the Cullmann QT system: small, light, and absolutely secure.
>Therefore, on every MD, winder, and Zuiko with a tripod collar, there's a
>Cullmann "footy thingy."  And on every tripod head, whether Cullmann, Bogen,
>or my ancient for-mud-and-water-use Quick-Set, there's a Cullmann "receiver."
>(What the hell do you call these bottom parts anyway?)

What it's called depends where you look. the importer's site says "CU-70
Quick Release Camera Platform". Adorama, where I recently purchased one
($3 cheaper than B&H), calls it "Cullman 070 Camera Quick Set".

It is now firmly attached to the weird QR platform of a 410. I've been
meaning to take your advice about that for ages and finally did
recently. A vast improvement!

Now what's this business about a hospital. Do something regrettable out
in the wilds?

Hope all is well now.

Moose