[OM] Re: A typical 'vs.' question about the 50s (no, not the decade

Subject: [OM] Re: A typical 'vs.' question about the 50s (no, not the decade . . .)
From: "Albert" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:54:04 +0800 (CST)
In my experience, the F1.8's almost always beat the F1.4's, there are
exceptions of course, but usually, the F1.4's have more elements, and the
F1.8's are usually of a direct planar design or variant, and have very
very good distortion correction.

F1.4 vs. F1.2 probably isn't going to be that big of a difference in terms
of a brighter viewfinder..

Is price a consideration??

I use to lust after an F1.4, but they seem quite a bit more flare prone if
you aren't careful with them vs. their F1.8 smaller brothers.  So now I
just stick to my F1.8..  the fact that I already have one, probably lent a
few bias leans into the decision making..

Albert