[OM] Re: OM size vs small RFs, was Relative costs ...

Subject: [OM] Re: OM size vs small RFs, was Relative costs ...
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:04:27 -0400
There are many more differences between a nice rangefinder and an OM body.
Yes, size is close, but they are still two different animals and not
interchangable.

If you want to start with a RF, consider a nice Bessa R2a or R3a.  This
gives you modern construction at a reasonable price.  The new AE R3a
especially has a great 1:1 finder that is every bit as good as a Leica.
The R2a has a .7x finder.  The bodies aren't constructed to the same
standards as a Leica, so they don't feel as solid, but they're darned close
for 1/5 the price.  The CV lenses are superb.

Skip