[OM] Re: Relative costs of printing from E-1 & film media. (Long

Subject: [OM] Re: Relative costs of printing from E-1 & film media. (Long
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:27:16 +0800
The USB socket (both 1.1 and 2.0) should be standard on the computer side,
don't know if the early laptops are different. The plug to the camera is now
also a standard mini-USB (in the pass some Olympus has non-standard mini-USB
socket) for most if not all camera manufacturers.

The Olympus software working or not I think is depends on the OS, 98SE or
above should be ok, but a 166MHz CPU could be too slow. I upgraded to 3.2GHz
due to the high number of editing job required since shooting digital. I
shoot at least 5 times more than before even finally I may get the same
number of keepers and I have to check and compare one by one to screen out
the similar but poorer images. With slide I won't scan all the frames and
screening is done before shooting.

C.H.Ling