[OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 or other geared head

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 or other geared head
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:55:05 +0000
Moose,

Glad to hear you approve of the Cullmann QR stuff.  I think the system's
simplicity makes it a real winner, which is why I've got one of the plates
attached to just about every piece of gear I own that has a tripod socket.  The
only Zuikos I keep in their cases are the 300/4.5 and the 400/6.3, and both fit
without removing the QR plates.  Try that with some of the others kinds.  Plus,
because the stuff is square, the tops fit the bottoms forwards, backwards, or
sideways.  :-)

As for the hospital -- I had the "other knee" 'scoped to fix some of that old
man cartilage, something that had been scheduled before we took to the wilds
for continuing adventures.  I was sent home with a bottle of hillbilly heroin
(a.k.a. Oxycodone), a couple of which I washed down with an MGD or two, so I
may have been a teeny bit befuddled at the time I repeatedly abbreviated "Quick
Release" with the letters "QT".  Wheeee!

Feeling more clear-headed today, but, to quote Jack Palance, the day ain't over
yet.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from