[OM] Re: WAS: Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275, etc. NOW: Cullman plate

Subject: [OM] Re: WAS: Re: WTB: Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275, etc. NOW: Cullman plate system
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:27:09 +0000
The top side of the QR plate is rubber, with lots of little nubby thingies
which grip like a good tire/tyre*.  I tighten 'em up securely with a two-bit
piece, a nickel, a key, or whatever is handy that fits the screw head, and have
had problems with slippage only with really heavy stuff when I didn't apply the
appropriate torque.  Honestly, it's not a problem.

Walt

*Trying to consider those who drive on the wrong side of the road and spell
funny.

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --