[OM] Re: #122

Subject: [OM] Re: #122
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:17:38 +0100
Hi Daniel,

The blown out part of the image is this stuff:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/posts/Farthingstone_01.html

I was using a yellow filter because I wanted to render the crop white and
you will see from this what I mean:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05113.htm

I may have been able to hold a little more detail in the white area at the
top left but I zeroed in on the tyre track and left the crop to fend for
itself. The blown highlights are not artefacts they are all my own work, or
lack thereof. :-)
An increase in contrast would mean having to hold it back to prevent the
blown highlight area spreading. It is however most definitely film not
digital. Thanks for looking.

Graham