[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:49:15 -0400
Can you tell the difference between a 48 bit TIFF and a high quality
JPEG... after it's printed?  My guess is no.  I don't think any
printer/ink combo can reproduce the detail that's in the JPEG let alone
the TIFF.  It makes sense to maintain all possible detail on an image
that may undergo further editing but I don't think the final sharpened,
printable image need be other than a JPEG.

Chuck Norcutt