[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:25:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, AG Schnozz wrote:

> This is interesting. I'm rather liking the Olympus RAW converter
> for the overall quality of the images. My only beef remains with
> the WB bias in both the E-1 and the RAW converter. I've got to
> adjust the blue gamma on my pictures to get the fleshtones right
> where I want them.

I did some more investigation into the differences between C1 and Viewer.
The colour issue seems to boil down to the fact that C1 provides colour
profiles for each camera it supports.  The profiles have been custom made
by Phase One and on the E-1 clearly provide a different characteristic than
the one built into Viewer.  It's too bad that Viewer/Studio doesn't have the
ability to work with an external camera colour profile.  I would love to
try the C1 profiles with Viewer as I think that would provide the best
overall results.
                                        -mark