[OM] Re: Northamptonshire Churches M-Z update

Subject: [OM] Re: Northamptonshire Churches M-Z update
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:06:48 +0100
Hi Charlie,

I thought that too when I read it. Perhaps borderline starvation was normal
in 1806 and two days was the final straw, maybe poor health and the cold
accelerated things. I think conjecture is part of the fascination of these
glimpses into the past. The full inscription for anyone unable to make it
out is:

I cast my eyes on every side
finding my helpers gone
friends and neighbours pass me by
neglected and alone

I found it very moving. Thanks for looking.

--Graham

From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>