[OM] Re: New to List, 300mm lens Question

Subject: [OM] Re: New to List, 300mm lens Question
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:50:04 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/2005 11:02:39 PM Central Standard Time,
dbielanowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

While  I'd love to get the new Oly 300mm, the price tag is way out of  my
league.
What other lenses at 300mm+ will give a nice clear image at  full zoom on the
E-300?

You probably aren't looking for a zoom lens, but rather a fixed focal
length.  The 300mm f2.8 Tamron SP might be a good choice however you will  want
use it on a tripod.

What are you mainly interested in photographing?  That really will be  the
first question which needs answering.

If it is nature stuff. I use a Tamron 400mm f4 with either 1.4X or  sometimes
a 2X, but it all depends on what you photograph or what you want to
photograph.  Bill Barber