[OM] Re: Digital cameras - OT?

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital cameras - OT?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:58:47 -0400
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> bj

Brian,

Bottom line, they're all pretty good. If it was me, I'd stick to Nikon or
Canon, as they have the largest user base and the highest likelihood of a
future (sorry to all the E-1 and E-300 owners here).

As for the Nikon vs. Canon, it comes down to feel and comfort, to me. The
2mp difference is immaterial.  I like the feel of the Nikon, but the Canon
is smaller and lighter and might be right for her.

I'd suggest starting with an 'entry level body' (350D, D50) and get their
feet wet. If they really use it, get a better body (20D, D70) and use the
original as a backup.

If I was doing it right now, I'd probably go 20D.  That said, I love my D70.

Tom