[OM] Re: RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:01:18 +0800
No, I don't think so, CRT does not have exceptional high dynamic range. I
remember seeing somewhere good monitor has around 700:1 and my EIZO has
1000:1 contrast ratio, the pasma has 3000:1 contrast ratio. All LCD I have
seen has no moire problem (just at my home there are three), this is very
obvious due to non proper adjust of clock phase, can be solved by simply
press a button on the LCD for auto sync. I have to stress that LCDs are MUCH
sharper than CRTs and I have not use the digital input on the LCD yet, just
the analogue input is good enough. My LCD are not the expensive one it is
just a $600 EIZO L568 (now only $450).

C.H.Ling