[OM] Re: The Dark Side

Subject: [OM] Re: The Dark Side
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 13:07:19 -0400
John A. Lind wrote:

>At 11:47 AM 4/30/2005, you wrote:
>

>>What?  And turn the image right-side-up???? :-)
>>

>For a Field Camera?  Heresy!!!!!!!!
>
>-- John Lind

Exactly!  When I first used a view camera (I built on wooden kit camera
before getting  the Toyo,) I thought I would not be able to handle the
deal with or get accustomed to the inverted/reversed image.  But it was
never a problem, and in fact I think it actually helps in composition.
I'm not quite sure why that is, other than it does force a different
type of compositional seeing and attentional to detail, and it turns out
well for me.

EArl