[OM] Re: New website (opinions wanted)

Subject: [OM] Re: New website (opinions wanted)
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 16:35:01 -0400
On Sunday May 1 2005 2:48 pm, you wrote:
> I just completely rebuilt my website, with a hope to actual make money at
> photography. I'm trying to get into a few shows as well.
>
> http://www.scalesimages.com
>
> I was hopeful that I could get some constructive criticism from a group of
> people that I respect and will be honest and blunt with me.

I looked at it on 5 different browser (IE 5.5 mozila, opera under win 98 and
mozilla, komqueror under Linux Suse 8.0 kde desktop.) It has good visual
appeal. I like the black background. It loads reasonable well on a dial up
modem. The things that can be improved about it are: A quick and ready way
turn turn the refresh off. It is a supreme pia on a dial up modem. The viewer
needs to be supplied with a way to put an item in the shopping cart the first
time they see it. As it is now I have to dig 4 layers down to get to the buy
option. The random view mean that If I see an image on your home page that I
want, I have no way to order it without going through a bunch of screens
hoping to come across it. I also think the images need meaningful names. As
an example I think someone would be much more apt to buy a print with a Title
like Old Wheel as opposed to 010-DSC-0042.jpg For a site put together as a
prototype I think it's very good. A few modifications and I think you'll have
it. -Doug