[OM] My back is asking, is it worth it?

Subject: [OM] My back is asking, is it worth it?
From: "Albert" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:34:57 +0800 (CST)
I own two tripods, my "field" tripod, small and easy to carry, and my
"BIG" tripod, which usually stays at home, for macro shots, and
pseudo-home studio setup shots..

Well, I broke with my old rules, and took my big tripod out to the field..
 WOW!!!  I never realized how unstable my smaller tripod is
comparatively..

Yes, unfair statement I know..

But I have to admit, I'm 50/50 about it..  I like the stability, the
height, of my big Manfrotto, but my shoulders and my back seems to vote
otherwise...

So I wanted to hear the list's gripes, opinions, and personal experiences..

Albert