[OM] Re: New website (opinions wanted)

Subject: [OM] Re: New website (opinions wanted)
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:41:37 +0200
>The site loads well with IE, but not quite with iCab. Cannot try Mozilla nor
>Netscape right now. Did anyone try with Safari?

I like the loo of your site, Tom. It works well with Safari, except
the text is tiny, almost illegible on a Mac. I think an approach
which works well for font size is to set it as "small" in the CSS
(for the body tag), then adjust it as you see fit for the various
elements.

For instance:

body {
        font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", "Bitstream Vera
Sans", Verdana, sans-serif;
        font-size: x-small; /* For IE5/Win */
        voice-family: "\"}\"";
        voice-family: inherit; /* For other browsers */
        font-size: small;
}
html>body { /* Be nice to Opera */
        font-size: small;
}

And for instance the h2 tag:
h2 {
        font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 140%;
}

As for iCab... although it was once a nice browser (some years ago),
and you can still download it, I think it can be considered dead. Its
CSS support is weak, to say the least (understand: practically
nonexistant).

Bernard