[OM] Re: [photo] Beech & Shadow

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Beech & Shadow
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:56:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jim,

If I remember correctly (the photo was taken a few weeks back at the
beginning of April), I took the photo around late morning, deep in the
woods.   The young Beech was surrounded by other much larger Maple,
Beech and Evergreen, some that are responsible for the larger, deeper
shadows at the bottom and top. The Evergreens filtered the sunlight
coming from behind and slightly to the right, offering a bit of a
softening effect.  It's all natural light.  This web image, at least on
my monitor, is very close to the NPS image printed on Agfa paper.  It's
a tad darker with a bit more contrast.

As Graham would write, "thanks for looking." :)

Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250