[OM] Re: Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:55:37 -0400
Auris,

The 1-1 is plain matte with a microprism focusing aid.
The 1-2 is plain matte with a microprism focusing aid aimed at telephoto
lenses up to f8.0.
The 1-3 is plain matte with a split image focus aid.
The 1-13 is plain matte with a combine split image/microprism center section
focusing aid.
The matte surface on all four is very similar.  They also all will work well
with most normal photography with moderate wides to short tele lenses.

For general use I prefer the 1-3 over a 1-13 as I personally find a
microprism less useful than a larger split image.  This applies to the
screens that I use in my OM-1 and OM-2n.  I my OM-4Ti and OM-2S I prefer the
brighter screens that will work in these bodies without adjustment. My 4Ti
has a Beattie split image bright screen and my 2S will have 2-13 installed
in it upon its return from a CLA with John H.

So your choice comes down to which screens your OM will take and which
focusing aid you personally prefer. My suggestion would be to start with the
1-13 and then move on from there to what suits your need.

HTH.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of auris .
Subject: [OM] Screens

I read about all of them. I am interesting in screen suitable for normal and
wide angle lens.
Is it fast and accurate focusing with 1-1? Maybe focusing with 1-2 more
pleasant than
with 1-13? What difference betwen 1-1 and 1-2? 1-3 looks nice too. What kind
of screen is in your om?
Tell me about your satisfaction to use one or another screen.
Sorry for my english...
Thanks,
Auris