[OM] Re: Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:46:36 -0400
www.zuiko.com

Beattie screens are now more expensive than the 'part' 2-13.   Olympus 2-13
is a repair part (wrapped in paper),   $89.95 ea.,    must be modified for
use in OM-1 thru 2N, and throws meter display off, auto is unaffected in 2,
2N.  Beattie and 2 series screens are same brightness, about 2/3rds of  a
stop brighter than a plain screen.   Beattie matte area is much coarser than
a 2-4 or 2-13 so the Olympus screen is kinder to the eye, imo.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977