[OM] Re: Unrecognised Zuiko zoom spotted

Subject: [OM] Re: Unrecognised Zuiko zoom spotted
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:15:15 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2005 6:11:15 PM Central Standard Time,
jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I agree  . . . the basic optical train appears to be very similar, if not
the same  . . . 14 elements in 11 groups with 55mm front ring.  Its
appearance  in 1996 literature is surprisingly late in the game.  I'm
wondering  how long it languished on their drawing boards before appearing
in print .  . . it is a two-touch.  Would have been a decent replacement for
the  35-70 variable aperture lenses but would have overlapped considerably
with  the 35-105/3.5~4.5.

-- John Lind

This lens was shown during the introduction of the OM PC/30. Popular
Photography briefly described it in 1985. It's a shame Olympus did not release
it in
1985. I suspect they had their hands full with the autofocus program.

Gary Faulkenberry