[OM] Re: 1.35 volt 625 Wein Zinc Batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: 1.35 volt 625 Wein Zinc Batteries
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:44:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2005 10:05:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<Darin,
They were designed specifically for camera use and although it's the same
as the hearing aid cell technology, they have more capacity (will last
longer than a 675).  That said . . . once the cell is activated its
life-span begins . . . as with all zinc-air.

There are a number of alternatives, the one I use in an OM-1n, a Rollei 35S
and a light meter is the MR-9:

http://www.criscam.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CCS&Product_Code=MR-9&Category_Code=MBA>>
 big snip <<>>
I am forever amazed at the options suggested to get something better than the
675 hearing-aid batteries at 50 cents each.  I checked the link John gave for
the MR-9, thinking maybe that was the ticket.  MR-9's sell for $29.95 and the
cheapest shipping is UPS Ground at $8.

Friends, $38 will buy 76 hearing-aid batteries, which will last about 4+
months each in a OM-1.  My calculator says that is 25 years of battery power,
and,
you do not have to add the cost of silver cells which have a finite life of
their own.

Try em, you'll like em,

Paul Connet