[OM] Re: 1.35 volt 625 Wein Zinc Batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: 1.35 volt 625 Wein Zinc Batteries
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:02:58 -0500
At 12:44 PM 5/5/2005, Paul Connet wrote:
>Friends, $38 will buy 76 hearing-aid batteries, which will last about 4+
>months each in a OM-1.  My calculator says that is 25 years of battery
>power, and,
>you do not have to add the cost of silver cells which have a finite life of
>their own.
>
>Try em, you'll like em,

Did so . . . at a time when I was using the OM-1n as one of the bodies in
the bag for wedding work . . . an adapter ring for the 675's.  Worked well
for accurate outdoor exposures, but . . . the cost of the MR-9 was worth
not having to worry about meter battery pooping and having to change it . .
. which it did a couple times.

Yes, the MR-9 isn't cheap, but for me the cost was worth yet one less
detail to worry about and one less thing that could stop the show while I
put in a new one.  With the Rollei 35S, its battery chamber is inside the
camera, and I don't use it nearly as often as other cameras.  That's a
royal PITA when the zinc-air gives up in mid-roll.  Made the decision the
price of them was worth it.

Whether or not the cost trade-off is worth it to you is your decision to make.

-- John Lind