[OM] Re: F280 parts list required or advice in disassembly

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 parts list required or advice in disassembly
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:53:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 5 May 2005, swisspace wrote:

> I had a bit of an incident today when walking past a seat the camera
> strap looped around it and wrenched it out of my hand, fortunately it
> was only a foot drop, and the only damage to the 3ti was scratching to
> the plastic on the viewfinder housing where the eyecup fits. Killed any
> slight ideas I had of selling it and buying a 4ti and E-1 as its no
> longer mint.

The eyepiece can easily be replaced, it's the same as the 4Ti's so new parts
may still be available.

> The even worse news is that the F280 was attached and it came away from
> the base. I managed to find the six pins and springs but I will need to
> take the base off to put it back together, has anyone instructions on
> taking this apart. There are four screws which hold the base part to the
> flash, I just wonder how the contacts are made to the pins.

You can find the service manual here:
        http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/F-280_service.pdf

It's held in with a set of screws which have likely ripped out of the plastic
foot (as they should have, it saved your 3Ti's top cover!).  Normall you would
replace the foot with a new one, but perhaps you can find some slightly larger
screws to hold it in.  Despite the opinion's of others, I wouldn't recommend
epoxy :-)
                                        -mark