[OM] Re: another question on filters, was: travel kit

Subject: [OM] Re: another question on filters, was: travel kit
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 09:43:46 -0300
on 9/05/2005 07:32, Andrew Fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> That's the equivalent of a Skylight 1A - slight warming and useable
> as a protection filter if you normally shoot in broad daylight. 1.1x
> refers to the filter factor, indicating that you lose just 0.1 of a
> stop. Never sure what the KR means but a KR3 is much 'warmer.'  I
> prefer their UV 010 as a protector.
> AndrewF

Thanks, Andrew.
Just did a little googling and to my surprise, the KR 1.5 corrects
temperature from 3400 to 3200 K, which would be a Sky 1A equivalent.
But the 81a seems to correct from 3400 to 3200 too !! - as said in:
<http://www.schneideroptics.com/filters/filters_for_still_photography/uv_&_w
arming/more_information/>

Looking at it, it looks quite brownish - and my Hoya Sky 1a looks rather
pink, with green relections due to multicoating.
Looking through it, it seems to warm up much more noticeable than the Hoya.
That's why I thought it was a 81a - but the table at the link above lists KR
filters as different to the 81a & 81b.

Regards,

Fernando.