[OM] Re: thinking about trying black and white

Subject: [OM] Re: thinking about trying black and white
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:04:53 -0400
Hey,

No trouble to help, I am at home these days and get to spend a little more
time with the list and such :)

AG's suggestion of XP2 is a very good one, it was my personal choice prior
to going over to traditional B&W. XP2 was frowned upon by my classically
trained darkroom teacher. I think its horses for courses though, XP2 when
faced with the chance that B&W processing isn't going be available (say on a
trip to foreign lands) is a great and safe film to use. Contrast filter work
just as they do for the real stuff and as AG says it scans well. You can
then use just about anyone for the processing element, from peak to a local
semi-pro place even.

Have fun with it!

Dan.