[OM] Re: Don't mess with me today

Subject: [OM] Re: Don't mess with me today
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:39:40 -0700 (PDT)
Polyester Walt wrote:
> One and a half rolls of
> 120 (that's 15 exposures for those who don't speak 6x7) in
> five hours, every one perfectly composed and exposed (I hope).
>  Try that with your digital thingy.

Ok. Try 15 exposures in five seconds with your film thingy. :)

There is a certain joy to working with a larger format FILM
camera that digital just doesn't give. When I work with the 4x5
I'm engrossed in getting the composition exactly right. For one
thing there is a benefit to seeing the focusing screen with two
eyes.  A 6x7 SLR (such as the RB/RZ, Fuji or Pentax) has
incredible luminousity depth in the viewfinder. This depth just
makes you want to use the camera for those "special"
photographic times.

My biggest problem with shooting 6x7 or 4x5 is the "VACUUM FILM
ADVANCE".  Every time you click the shutter it sucks money
straight out of your wallet.

I'm with you Walt. They don't make cameras like they used to.  I
think we've seen the best come and go. The golden age of the
camera is over.  It's up to some of us to acquire some of these
"best of the best" and keep them in use.  Personally, I'm hoping
for somebody to just give me a bunch of unused lenses for my 4x5
Crown Graphic.

AG