[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 16:07:10 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>>Nope. The other 300D images are with default in camera
>>

>Ok. I've stared at enough digital pictures and worked with
>enough noise reduction algorithms to recognize NR. Once I saw it
>in the last comparison, I noticed it in the others too.

Yup, there is NR of one sort or another in all of them. I only said the
one was without NR before being upsampled and having NR applied in PS.

>The camera absolutely is doing some NR.

Well, I don't think so, but look for yourself
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FvD02a.htm>.

>If it isn't then I don't want anything to do with CMOS sensors.

If you don't like that, you may indeed not like any CMOS sensors.

>Don't mean to disagree, but there are certain characteristics
>that jump right out at me.

As above, they were all post processed in some way that included NR.

>One of the reasons why I can't listen to MP3s either.

Never tried 'em. My sons use them all the time, but I listen to music in
house or car and there are CD players both places. :-)  I've never had
the urge to listen to headphones when doing other things, especially
outside in nature. I suppose if I had to spend a lot of time in the
urban jungle, I might do it different (in defference to Ipod and Apple
grammer).

Moose