[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:36:32 -0500
At 05:41 AM 5/9/2005, Moose wrote:
[snip]

>This time, I both compared downsampled film to 300D and upsampled 300D to
>full size film scan.

Moose,
Scanning the film makes any comparison of the digital file that results
with a pure digital photograph seriously flawed.  It's no longer what the
film recorded.  It's a digital copy of it entirely at the mercy of the
scanning method used.  It cannot be used to characterize what film versus
digital is capable of producing.

This should be (as a proper characterization of the evaluation):
"My personal Film _Digital_Scanning_ vs. Digital Tests - II"

-- John Lind