[OM] Re: E-300 sensor in E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 sensor in E-1
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:28:19 -0600
At 09:10 AM 10/05/2005, Barry Bean (in reply to AG-Schnozz) wrote:

>On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:33:07 -0700 (PDT), AG Schnozz wrote:
>
> >Extrapolating the digital pictures and thinking in terms of 8MP
> >or 10MP (dream, dream), I think the next variation of the E-x
> >professional camera will be as good as Portra 160NC in 645.
>
>I'm still dreaming of digital EIR and the digital equivalent of an ASA 400
>Velvia!

Interesting.

I was talking to a sales d00d at one of the local professional-level camera
stores here in Calgary last week.  He mentioned in passing that some of the
Olympus reps have been telling him that the next "pro-level" E-series
camera may have 10 or 12 megapixels, though he had no further
info.  Including, sadly, no info on release dates.  Oly's remarkably
closed-mouthed to their reps about future plans -- or their reps are
remarkably disciplined.

More grist for the rumour mill.  *I* certainly hope it's true!

Garth