[OM] Re: Epson Stylus 2200 Printer Replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson Stylus 2200 Printer Replacement
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
> 9000, eh?  When you mention "bulk inks", do you mean you've
> installed a continuous inking system?
> Or are buying non-Canon brand ink carts?

There is now a continous inking system available for it from
MIS. You do have the option, though, of just reinking the
in-printer tanks from the bulk ink.  I've thought about
installing the continous inking system, but I don't do enough
daily volume to justify it. It doesn't pain me to stick a
syringe into a tank once or twice a week.  Canon really makes
life easy since the tanks are passive and don't contain the
heads.

> If the latter, which ones and how do you profile for them?

I'm going to the MIS inks next. It takes about 10 test prints
with an IT8 target to manually profile a new set of inks or
paper.

> Also, I read a review from a long term owner who complained
> about the
> cost of 'resetting' the 9000, i.e., "where they will replace
> the
> sponges and reset the 'Used Ink Tank'" - for ~$150.  Have you
> had to
> do this?  Or was that review written by an Epson or HP
> employee?  >-)

I haven't had to do that yet. I'm familiar with the limited
capacity of the waste tank.  I think it holds about $500 worth
of ink, though.  I'll probably just pick up a closeout S900 for
the ink tanks, heads and other miscellaneous parts.

AG