[OM] Re: eSIF availability

Subject: [OM] Re: eSIF availability
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:39:18 -0700
 > From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile
>
> on 10/05/2005 12:57, Jeff Keller at
> jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
> > The 1-8 is useless with a wide
> > angle lens. Everything seems to be in focus.

> You may be a fortunate zuikoholic owing the faster ones :^)
> If you had those poor-man /3.5 or /2.8 Zuiko wides, it is
> almost possible to use the 1-8 w/them... not with the 50 f1.4
> for example.
>
> Fernando

I didn't experiment enough to see how much max aperture had to do with it.
My quick impression was that the shorter the focal length, the less useful
it was. It seems you've seen a big dependence on max aperture.

I dearly love a couple of the slower wide angle lenses: 35 mm f2.8 shift and
24mm f3.5 shift. The 35 I've had over 20 years. The 24 though relatively
recent, cost about half what they typically go for ... so neither were major
contributors to current impoverishment ;^)

-jeff