[OM] Re: Epson Stylus 2200 Printer Replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson Stylus 2200 Printer Replacement
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:05:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Also, I read a review from a long term owner who complained
>> about the cost of 'resetting' the 9000, i.e., "where they will
>> replace the sponges and reset the 'Used Ink Tank'" - for ~$150.
Have >> you had to do this?  Or was that review written by an Epson or
HP
>> employee?  >-)
>
> I haven't had to do that yet. I'm familiar with the limited
> capacity of the waste tank.  I think it holds about $500 worth
> of ink, though.  I'll probably just pick up a closeout S900 for
> the ink tanks, heads and other miscellaneous parts.

Here is a link that has information on how to solve the "waste tank
almost full" error.  It supposedly works for an i960 though I'm not
sure it would apply entirely to the 9000.

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff11.html

Richard