[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - IV

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - IV
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:46:32 -0700
Thanks to all those who posted nice things about the Turkey Vulture shot.

As reward for your interest, here is another grab shot of one the next
day <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FvD04.htm>.

Usually one sees quite a few in the area and also lots of Red Tail hawks
and some Kestrels. This trip, it was TVs all over the place. This one
was on a wire right over my lane in the road. Vignetting on the bottom
from the top of the windshield frame; standing up was awkward.

Joel Wilcox wrote:

>One apparent difference in taste between us is that I apparently like a
>little noise.

And this one is especially for you, Joel, and those others talking about
noise. This is default NR in the 300D at 800 iso when cropped as you can
see.

Below is a comparison of the default and two levels of NR in NeatImage.
I rather like the middle one.

Moose