[OM] Re: Obituary

Subject: [OM] Re: Obituary
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:32:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 10 May 2005, AG Schnozz wrote:

> > > I was excited about the EVOLT, but it seems that the 8080
> > Wideangle takes better pix according to dpreview
>
> The 8080 is an exceptional camera. Now does that mean the EVOLT
> is garbage?  Hardly.  The in-camera JPEG engine has issues, but
> the camera is fine.  I also wouldn't count out the E-1. You can
> get a E-1 with 14-54 for a pretty decent price now.

If you really want a killer wide-angle, get the fabulous new 7-14mm. Nothing
the competition has comes close to the performance of this beast.  This
thing has almost zero chromatic aberration, extrememly well controlled
flare, and absolutely no vignetting.  Barrel distortion is also negligible.
Olympus has really made the E-system shine with this lens.
                                        -mark