[OM] Re: LWMNBN (was "Re: Obituary")

Subject: [OM] Re: LWMNBN (was "Re: Obituary")
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:48:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- Walt Wayman wrote:
> I don't know when I'll buy a DSLR, though I'm sure that day
> will come, probably sooner than later.  But I won't buy one
> that Tamron isn't making lenses to fit.  Third-party lenses
> are no guarantee of success, but a lack of them in the
> marketplace doesn't inspire great confidence.

Fortunately we do have options. There's Nikon, Minolta, Canon
and Pentax that seem to be a little more successful at not
alienating the 3rd party vendors.

I weighed this delemma carefully, myself.  However, unlike you,
the E-1 purchase was a business decision based on current
price/performance.  If the price hadn't dropped as much as it
did I'd be happily shooting with a used D1X or a new Minolta D7D
right now.  At this point my investment in the E-1 system is
minimal enough that I can still change horses in a year without
pain.  In another month the entire E-1 system will have been
paid for by just the increase in photo sales.

AG

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html