[OM] Re: Epson R1800

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson R1800
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
> >Make sure you try it with Ilford Galerie Smooth High Gloss
> Media paper - the home-printer's version of CibaChrome!

> Will do - I'm wide open for paper recommendations. So far I've
> been using Epson Premium Glossy and enhanced Matte, and have
> been very pleased, but I expect t branch out over time.

I agree on this. Ilford Galerie papers are awesome. I prefer the
"classic" version for the longevity as well as a slight increase
in saturation. With my Canon printer, I'm achieving image depth
about the same as with Ilfochromes.

One of the reviews of the new Epson printers has me puzzled. In
it the reviewer talks about how the new K3 inks are achieving
DMAX *almost* as great as dye-based printers.  Well, I know that
maximum black on my Canon with Ilford Galerie is as pretty
black.  I just assumed that those expensive pigment-based
printers were better in every regard.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com