[OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a coupl

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a couple birds?)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 23:31:22 -0400
John A. Lind wrote:

> # DSC_0254:
> Blossom is Anthurium.
> The lizard appears to me to be a Gecko (cannot see snout well).

You don't need to.  The rear feet identify it to me as most likely
another (very dark) brown anole.  A gecko will have small feet with
rounded toes vs. the long toes and claws on this guy (or gal).  You
frequently find them climbing vertical walls and crossing ceilings with
those suction cup like toes.  Anoles can't do that.  But you were right
to look for the head.  Geckos also have big, googly eyes and look
adorable... if any reptile can look adorable.

Check the gecko toes here:
<http://www.southalley.com/lizard_intro.html>

Chuck Norcutt