[OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a coup

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] -- can anyone help me identify these flowers (and a couple birds?)
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:15:29 -0500
At 10:31 PM 5/12/2005, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>John A. Lind wrote:
> >
> > # DSC_0254:
> > Blossom is Anthurium.
> > The lizard appears to me to be a Gecko (cannot see snout well).
>
>You don't need to.  The rear feet identify it to me as most likely
>another (very dark) brown anole.  A gecko will have small feet with
>rounded toes vs. the long toes and claws on this guy (or gal).

I defer to your much better knowledge about what it is . . . the "suction
cup" toes are a Gecko "trademark" . . . as funky looking as their blunt
snout with google eyes.  It's the one reptile least likely to put the Other
Half into a panic if it happened to invade the house.  Not likely here and
how long one would survive the cat and dog "playing" with it is another
matter.  A couple years ago we rescued a small tree frog from them . . .
they weren't happy when we confiscated their toy.

-- John Lind