[OM] Re: OT - wireless weatherproof webcam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - wireless weatherproof webcam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:54:07 -0700
Barry B. Bean wrote:

>I'd like to set up a "farm cam" at my office or my house and periodically
>upload images to a server. I have wireless lans at both locations, and both
>have several places I could install a camera in a semi-
>protected location with a good view of the farm (i.e. under an eave on the
>house or shed) and within range of the AP.
>
>Suggestions for a low cost way to do this?

X-10.com has a lot of that sort of stuff
<http://www.x10.com/home2.html#cameras>. Their ads and web site are
annoying, but I've been using their stuff for many years and everything
I've tried works well. You can only get actual technical info you may
want by poseing a question to their service system. When I did that, I
got a reasonably quick and informed response.

Moose