[OM] Re: [OT] Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:26:04 +1000

On 14/05/2005, at 6:46 AM, ScottGee1 wrote:

> Legalise, so if someone uses it to brush their teeth, gets sick/dies,
> Swiffer's parent company can tell the court the 'victim' was warned.
>  Right up their with warnings on frozen pizza packages to 'Remove from
> carton before cooking' and 'Cook before eating'.
>  Welcome to the Lowest Common Denominator World.
>  ScottGee1

Or the lowest uncommon litigant. Trouble is that with the
predominance of murkin television culture around the world now, this
less pleasant tendency is becoming an unwelcome cultural import.
taught High school legal Studies for a couple of years and students
knew far more about US criminal law than the system that governs
them. People are beginning now to assume that you should sue for
absolutely anything. It might keep a few of my ex-students now
lawyers in a living but hell it is annoying.
Anyone for a really, really hot cup of coffee?
AndrewF