[OM] Re: Filters?

Subject: [OM] Re: Filters?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:59:23 +1000
In order -
1. Any that I've got for sale!  :)
2. German B+W and Heliopan.
3. Hoya HMC and Nikon coated at a pinch.
The German ones are Schneider glass in brass rings - they don't get
stuck on the lens. Leica filters are rebranded B+W. They also cost.
Lots.
How wide? On my 12mm Heliar, it takes a HUGE step up ring to avoid
vignetting. :) On an 18mm Zuiko you must use the special ring hood
and a 72mm filter.  With a 21mm 3.5 Zuiko, it's a good idea to use a
step-up ring and put a 52mm or 55mm filter on it - especially with a
thickish polariser. Possibly with the 24mm's as well. B+W actually
make a range of one piece filters that do just that, but a stepping
ring is much cheaper. 28mm and upwards - no problem.
AndrewwF