[OM] Re: Scanner technique

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner technique
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 07:03:27 -0700 (PDT)
>   And while I'm asking, what do people use to clean dust and such off
> the glass -- is it just a matter of a lint-free lens cloth, or is
there
> a better approach?

I found that using my fingers is the best way to clean dust off film and glass.
 Before scanning I wash my hands well.  I also keep a bottle of rubbing
alchohol close to my desk and wipe my fingers often with a cotton ball soaked
in it.
First I brush the surface gently with the brushside of a Carson lenspen and
then fininsh the job with my fingers.
Boris

Discover Yahoo!
 Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more.  Check it out!