[OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:00:06 +0100
Suggestions?

Take your pick from these present day Royal Yacht Clubs (which fit RCYC):
Cork; Cape; Cornwall; Canadian; Corinthian.

My own pick is Royal Clyde Yacht Club, which merged in 1978 with the Royal
Northern Yacht Club to form RNCYC (thus you will not find a current RCYC in
Scotland).  There is some history provided at http://rncyc.com together with
contact details.

Shuna is just south of Oban - here http://tinyurl.com/a4jqd - in a truly
delightful part of Scotland with many many traces of civilzation dating back
to prehistory! Although it is on the west coast, and thus appears to be a
_very_ long way by sea from the Clyde, in fact it is about 10 miles from the
Crinan Canal, which avoids the need to sail 100 miles all around the Mull of
Kintyre, and makes the Clyde more easily accessible.  The canal opened at
the beginning of the 19th century.

Hope that might help with some pieces of the jigsaw.

--
Piers