[OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:34:56 +0100
On Sun, 15 May 2005 11:33:38 -0700, Scott Gomez
<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a copying job to do, and copy-work is entirely out of my ken. Any
> and all suggestions are welcomed in hope of minimizing the potential
> problems and achieving a good result.

Scott,

        I'd have got in sooner, but I've been setting up a new computer (Athlon

XP, big leap from the old Pentium 3), so am a bit late.

I'd suggest Piers has this absolutely correct. It's not unknown for
Clyde-based sailing organisations to have associations with more northerly
names, and vice-versa. The Oban area may well have been the location for
the seasonal anchorage. Kintyre and the Crinan are actually considered
within the Clyde area, nautically speaking.

As to the reflections from scanning, I got the same trying to scan my
great-uncle's cycling medals, which unfortunately couldn't be masked. I
think masking will solve your problem pretty well, with there being no
glass present.

There may be records of the RCYC; you could try the Mitchell Library in
Glasgow. I could dig out an address if you like, or you could Google it.

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.skelpitheid.com