[OM] Re: [OT] Lawsuits [was Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lawsuits [was Swiffer [was: Scanner technique]]
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:56:13 +0100 (BST)

> As I understand 'they' are using a program named 'Carnivore' which scans
> ALL
> email EVERWHERE for certain key words.

This is correct and zuiko is one of them!
By UK law *all* internet traffic has to be routed through GCHQ - the
goverments spying agency.... and internet survice providers are suppose to
keep copies of all internet traffic for X number of months... - without
the government paying anything for the massive storage costs!

Regards
James