[OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:46:26 -0400
Where's Moose?  He should be here saying that you can indeed use your OM
glass on a Canon.  I know too.  I strapped my new OM-EOS adapter on a
friend's Canon D60 today and tried out the Zuiko 50/1.4, 85/2, 85-250/5
and Kiron 70-150/4 to see how easily I could focus.  I was very
surprised to find that I had no difficulty focusing the 85-250/5 in
subdued daylight in a large room.

Over on the 20D list someone is complaining about exposure measurement
errors while trying to use his Leica lenses on a 20D.  It doesn't
measure properly within a couple stops of wide open on the lens.  Since
Olympus restricts the apertures of OM Zuikos on the E-1 and Moose has
found exposure measurement problems on his 300D with Zuikos it sounds
like this may be a fairly universal problem with manual lenses on the
newer autofocus machines.

Chuck Norcutt