[OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions

Subject: [OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:04:40 -0400
Congratulations to all.  Now follow all of the good advice you got and
pay for a professional photographer to shoot your daughter's wedding.

I've shot weddings and I think I could have done a better job
technically than the guy who shot my daughter's wedding.  That said, I'm
glad he was there and I was the one enjoying the day.  I was carrying an
OM-1 around during the early part of the day but I was totally relaxed
and shooting snapshots.

You could have lots of lighting problems.  If the tents are relatively
closed you may have trouble getting enough natural light to do without
flash.  If they are open at the sides and it's sunny outside you'll have
washed out backgrounds if you're not using flash inside.  And OM's with
their 1/60th second sync limit are much less than ideal for fill flash.

Let the pro worry about it.

Chuck Norcutt