[OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions

Subject: [OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:12:33 -0700
Barry B. Bean wrote:

>On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:34:15 -0300, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
>

>>Why waste the joyful time of your daughter's marriage taking care of the
>>pictures?
>>

>I agree completely. I've found that mentally, I can't really shoot and event
>and also participate in the event. Inevitably one or the other suffers, so
>when I go out, I'm either "the photographer", or I'm
>there to enjoy the event. If it were my daughter's wedding I know which I'd
>rather do.

I'm with all the others on this one. At some point in my life I realized
that everyone else in my family was in lots of family, photos, but I
might not exist, based on photo evidence.

>...buy a bunch of disposables and leave them on tables with a basket by the
>door to collect them at the end of the night, and spend the evening enjoying
>your daughter and your family instead

They did this at my niece's wedding reception/dinner and it was a great
success. Lots of junk, of course, but a surprising number of keepers of
candids that would never have happened otherwise. Marriage didn't last,
but most of the pics from disposables were of her family and friends, so
they are still valuable. New man, new baby, everything's fine now.

Moose