[OM] What to take? lots of questions

Subject: [OM] What to take? lots of questions
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:30:39 +1200
Mike wrote

> I'm happy to announce that my daughter will be marrying a bright young
> man the first week in June.
> It's an informal affair and she has asked me to take some pictures.
> Unfortunately just because a couple of my landscape photos turned out
> pretty good she thinks the wedding ones will too. I'm not nearly so
> confident. My only "experience" with wedding photography is vicariously
> though this group! So I would appreciate any suggestions.

Mike, congratulations to you and the bride to be.

I endorse the advice given by others.

By all means take along an OM4T and 35~105 - sharp and good range, even
if the aperture is a bit small, and take candids when it suits you and you are
then not torn between taking photos or being the proud Dad in the midst of it
all.

As a Dad I'd choose being a participant (and enjoy that side of things) and
not having to worry about whether or not you are doing a good photographic
job.

Give the worries and cares to somebody else this time.  Whether I had just
one daughter or more, I'd probably say the same. Each one is unique.

Brian